You may notify University Administration of a drop or withdrawal in any manner (written notification via Drop/Withdrawal Form is preferred).
You are entitled to a full refund if you withdraw before the trimester start date. Any tuition refund owed will be refunded within 30 days of request. Cost of materials ordered and delivered (or accessed electronically) will be subtracted from the refund calculations. Federal Student Aid recipients must also refer to the Return of Federal Student Aid Funds Policy.
For refundable amounts after the trimester start, a percentage of the tuition paid is refunded based upon when you withdraw from a class. The percentage of tuition to be refunded is calculated based on the following table:
- After Week 1 of Trimester – 80%
- After Week 2 of Trimester – 70%
- After Week 3 of Trimester – 60%
- After Week 4 of Trimester – 50%
- After Week 5 of Trimester – 40%
- After Week 6 of Trimester – 30%
- After Week 7 of Trimester – 20%
- After Week 8 of Trimester – 10%
- After Week 9 of Trimester – 0%
Note: A week, as used in the refund calculations, is defined as Monday at 12:00 A.M. through Sunday at 11:59 P.M.
Example calculation: If an undergraduate student withdraws from a 3-unit course during week 3 of the trimester, the student would be entitled to a 70% refund. Based on the total cost of a 3-unit course ($525.00), a refund in the amount of $367.50 would be issued.