Accreditation, Licensure, and Recognition


Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC)

Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC)
(Formerly the Distance Education and Training Council – DETC)
1601 18th Street NW, Suite 2
Washington, DC 20009

Phone: (202) 234-5100

DEAC Website at

Shiloh University and its degree programs are accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC). DEAC is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a recognized accrediting agency.

Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)

Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
One Dupont Circle NW, Suite 510
Washington, DC 20036
Phone: (202) 955-6126
CHEA Website at

State Licensure

Iowa State Licensure

Iowa College Student Aid Commission
Postsecondary Registration Administrator
475 SW 5th St., Suite D
Des Moines, IA 50309
Phone: (877) 272-4456, option 4

Shiloh University is recognized and licensed by the State of Iowa as a post-secondary degree granting institution.

State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA)

National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements
3005 Center Green Drive, Suite 130
Boulder, Colorado 80301
Phone: (303) 541-0283
SARA information email request
Shiloh University is an approved SARA Institution, which enables it to admit students from any SARA participating state. For information on Shiloh University’s authority to operate in each state, refer to the University’s State Licensure Information summary.

Employment Licensure

University programs are designed to give students a broad and practical education in the their field of choice. However, none of its educational programs are designed to prepare students to apply for or take any local, state, or federal license. Also, completion of a University ministry program is not a guarantee of ministerial employment or ordination.

Financial Aid

Shiloh University is eligible to offer several aid opportunities including Federal Student Aid, Veterans Assistance, and active military Tuition Assistance.